At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write a multi-paragraph composition with clear organization, including an introduction with a strong thesis, three or more body paragraphs which clearly develop the thesis, and a strong conclusion.
- Avoid most errors in grammar and mechanics while at the same time showing ability in logic, unity and coherence.
- Demonstrate college-level content and style.
- Show ability to express thoughts clearly and coherently.
- Document research through the correct use of MLA style.
- Critically read student and professional essays from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate overall competency in writing.
The New Hire Course Designer training course is a progressive step-by-step training
course to prepare a new hire Course Designer with the essential tools and processes to
perform their responsibilities and serve their schools, instructors/course writers as well
as collaborate effectively intra- and inter-departmentally.